A Journey of Lifelong Learning with SP PACE Academy

Friday, April 06, 2018
A Journey of Lifelong Learning with SP PACE Academy

I was honestly really excited to find out about SP PACE Academy and learn more about it recently - I’ve already started to browse through some courses because I'm really keen to sign up and learn something new! 1.5years ago when I first learnt about the $500 SkillsFuture Credit given to all of us, I immediately signed up for an AutoCad course with my friend during my last trimester and managed to complete it just before I gave birth lol. 

Lifelong learning is something I truly advocate and believe in. Maybe it's because I was really playful when I was younger and did not understand the value of learning - this is something I regret till this day. Studying is not just about learning something new, but it’s also about learning discipline which is a huge life lesson for me after I started my own businesses. I’m the kind of person who used to think studying is a waste of time when I probably wouldn’t use most of the things I learnt in the workplace anyway, but I was so wrong. It’s true that my career now has nothing to do with my diploma, but a lot of things I’ve learnt in the different schools I’ve been in has helped me a lot in my work.

SP PACE Academy is a multi-disciplinary Continuing Education and Training (CET) Academy, committed to providing quality CET programmes for Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs). It is part of Singapore Polytechnic and helps adult learners to enhance employability by helping individuals upgrade their skills

I guess after growing up and gaining some work experience, we are all clearer on what skill sets we need to progress further in our careers. Or maybe some of us have reached a point in life where we want a career change but don’t have the right skills to do so. Now with PACE Academy no matter which stage you are in life, it is never too late to pursue a diploma in a completely different industry than the one you are in or take a short course and learn something new. Companies can also make use of this opportunity to upgrade the skillsets of their existing staff! 


There’s a wide rage of courses offered by SP PACE under the SkillsFuture series and it is really a great platform for older Singaporeans to self-improve or have a second chance at pursuing a different career path.  Check out the Skillsfuture courses offered by SP PACE here
All Singaporeans aged 25 years and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of courses. There are more than 100 SkillsFuture Credit eligible courses currently available at SP PACE Academy

Click here for all SkillsFuture eligible courses at Singapore Polytechnic. 





[sp]

No comments:

I'd love to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.